Larry Larry is offline

Default Ken Barnes rescue pictures

Red wrote in :

Thanks Larry, I will def check out xnews. My isp doesn't carry all the
groups, nor does it keep messages longer than 2 weeks, so I'll also

have
to look into usenetserver if I get addicted

Always glad to help. I just looked at the status page:
http://www.usenetserver.com/networkstatus.html
31,175 users are downloading a mere 17.03 Gbps as I type this. The load
is quite light, tonight...(c;

The status page always graphs the load for the last day for you. They're
bragging out Phase 2 of the upgrade is complete with 75 days retention
across the boards, which is really nice for people who may be away
cruising in a boat for a couple of weeks to a month. It'll be there when
you get back. UNS's server stack in Atlanta is just massive, now....and
Phase 3 is coming with even more. Getting them to add a newsgroup they
may not carry is as easy as asking for it on usenetserver.support
newsgroup where the guys actually running the servers ACTUALLY
COMMUNICATE with us lowly users! We kid them about someone kicking the
tape drive for the Commodore 64 off the coffee table, etc....(c; Too bad
they don't also run a cellphone company as it would put Verizon clean out
of business.

There's a test deal, too. $3 for 3 days of unlimited access on 10 ports
at once, just to test your connections out. If your ISP blocks the
normal port 119 NNTP port...UNS has many other ports open to drive around
them, too!

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.