Larry Larry is offline

Default Ken Barnes rescue pictures

wrote in :

One thing you did not mention was PAR files to repair the
incomplete's. I think for a new user News Rover would be a better
choice although it is not free it is much easer to use and it does RAR
files and PAR recovery automatically.

http://www.newsrover.com/

I have been using news rover for about three years now and love it.
Currently I am using version 11 and have not parted with the upgrade
fee to the latest version yet.

Capt. Joe

When I'm setting up a newbie binary downloader, I keep him away from PARS
and RARS until he's happy with MP3s and PDFs and is ready to move on to
the big movie files....(c;

I'll check out Newsrover. I've used Xnews so many years and like its
action of only using one port per newsgroup for downloading, leaving the
other ports for me to use while it's downloading. Some of the news
clients open as many ports, simultaneously, as they can get to increase
the throughput, but I don't like that as I can't open text groups while
the downloading continues.

Of course, if they have to PAY for Newsrover, most internetters will
balk, even if it's $10 for life....(c;

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.