posted to rec.boats.building
wellmer wellmer is offline

Default concrete submarine yacht, personal submarine

Hello Gene,

Yes, this is one of the real fine things of internet - a guy who builds
a concrete sub to dive in alpine lakes and a guy with a similar idea in
hawaii can comunicate - this really brings new stuff up...

When let your submarine sit on the botom you have to think about
ventilation - if you do not ventilate constantly (someting like air
entering from front snorkel leaving trough aft snorkel ) see pictures -
www.tolimared.com/submarine - on anchor site - if no ventilation at all
you would get condensation and a very humed ambient in your boat.

I would spare underwater entrance for bigger submarines with seperate
wet and dry ambients similar to a underwater habitat.

Kindest Regards,

W. Ellmer

On 21 ene, 23:55, Gene Townsend wrote:
wellmer wrote:That is the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life!!!

When I lived in Hawaii (over 20 years ago) I dreamed about building a very
similar craft, although the details were different from yours. I never got
started building my dream sub, thinking it was too crazy an idea, and
potentially dangerous. My dream was to live aboard a concrete sub, largely
because it could be left sitting on the bottom, out of the way of other
craft and secure while I was ashore. Ability to enter underwater securely
was important to me, I see this feature lacking in your design.

I sure would love to see all the technical details of your machine!

Regards,

Gene A. Townsend

I built a nice 20 tonsubmarine yachtand had a lot of fun diving in
it. Be asured it works. Many of your questions will be answered if you
have a look at my submarine at website:
[www.tolimared.com/submarine]
I would be glad to discuss such a proyect with anyone interested in
submarines, personal submarines, submarine yachting, c-subs, and
similar.