posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Salvaging or scavenging?

On Jan 24, 10:26 am, "Scotty" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in glegroups.com...

We were all very pleased until we found out the

company
got 1.5
million for the cable.Sounds generous to me, if you

were an employee.

Scotty

I would consider 50% generous and 33.3% to be divided by

the crew
fair, less than 1% for the entire crew ****ty. We were

under no
obligation to salvage.When the boat gets damaged, do you pay for 33% of the repair

bill?

We are not talking about our job, or the work we were hired to do. We
went above and beyond for the company. It was a windfall for the
company due to our extra efforts. If I handed you a 1.5 million
dollars, because when I was driving your truck, I picked up howard
hughes hitchhicking ...how much would you give me? Keep in mind I did
not have to tell you squat.

Joe

Scotty