posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon Wedman Gordon Wedman is offline

Default 12 volt DC Voltage Stabiliser circuit

"Al Thomason" wrote in message
If you can locate an HP F1064A it might do the trick. These are DC to
DC converters designed for older HP laptops that had a 12v input to be
ran off of a car battery. They supply around 60watts I think and
provided a regulated 12v out.

Getting a steady 12v out when the input is lower and sometimes higher
then the output is a more difficult job for DC to DC converts. These
old HP units handle it well. Have seen them on Ebay every once and a
while for around $20. (One is there now listed for over $100, and
incorrectly calling it an AC adapter.)

I am using one for to drive my LCD panel. And FWIW, when I measured
the output on the LCDs supplied AC adapter, it was 12.4v no load, down
to 12.2v under load.....

-al-

AL
Thanks for pointing this out. Looks like it could be one solution to
providing a steady 12 volts to those very expensive masthead LED lights.
Think I'll get one before the supply dries up g.