plano plano is offline

Default Book, Plans, Design, needed ... just bought a sewing machine

A few years ago I bought an old industrial sewing machine, a German
"Adler". They go forever, it still produces a nice stich today. My
experience was nil when I started, but over the years I made several spray
hoods, a canopy, various covers etc.
One of the best tips I got from the canvas shop where I bought my first
material. It has helped me a lot, especially in my first attempts:
Buy yourself a cheap hot glue gun if you don't have one already and glue the
Sunbrella first, before sewing it. Only use a little glue, just to keep the
material from shifting when you're sewing. Apply the glue close to where the
stich will be, on the side where it does not show, of course. Success
guaranteed!
plano

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
I bought an old metal sewing machine. D Casey, the guru, recommends this

in
most of his sailboat maintenance books.

Casey has a few ideas about projects to start with; cockpit cover, etc.
But no exact plans.

Are there any books that have plans, designs, good project instructions

for
sailboat canvass projects?