posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default 12 volt DC Voltage Stabiliser circuit

Al Thomason wrote:
If you can locate an HP F1064A it might do the trick. These are DC to
DC converters designed for older HP laptops that had a 12v input to be
ran off of a car battery. They supply around 60watts I think and
provided a regulated 12v out.

Getting a steady 12v out when the input is lower and sometimes higher
then the output is a more difficult job for DC to DC converts. These
old HP units handle it well. Have seen them on Ebay every once and a
while for around $20. (One is there now listed for over $100, and
incorrectly calling it an AC adapter.)

I am using one for to drive my LCD panel. And FWIW, when I measured
the output on the LCDs supplied AC adapter, it was 12.4v no load, down
to 12.2v under load.....

Good find Al. I searched the descriptions too for F1064A and there are
a few of those at more reasonable prices ($40 shipped) in one of the
eBay stores:

http://tinyurl.com/2u5bwx

The specs listed there a

INPUT: 9V - 24V DC, 8.5A MAX
OUTPUT: 12V DC 40W, negative-tip

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA (jackerbes at adelphia dot net)
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine dot com)