posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska Bruce  in Alaska is offline

Default Furuno Sounder FCV-261

In article ,
"Sun Dragon" wrote:

Hi Group,

I have a FCV-261 1K Watt sounder I want to use with a 150 watt transducer.
The FCV-261 has a four position power attenuator switch on the output going
to the transducers.
I can't find any info in the manual as to the power output for the four
positions.

I can measure the output of the amplifier, but a quick answer would save me
the time to lug all my test equipment on board. :-)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Capt J. Vincent Collins
Master Oceans
F/V Sun Dragon

Really depends on if the FCV-261 is Multi Freq or a Single Freq
machine. I can't remeber for sure, but if it is a 50/200 then
you will want a MultiFreq Transducer, similar to the OEM
one that came with the Unit. If it is truely a Single Freq
Unit, then I would only worry about the Power Switch position
and that can be determined by going out to Deep Water (100 Fathoms)
and lower the Receive gain to a just barely detectable bottom,
then switch the power Switch back and forth while watching if
the bottom disappears on each position. This will tell High
from Low very easily......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @