trainfan1

Default 1967 Cherokee Boat - Where can I find info on it?

Tim wrote:
Finding information for the motor is the easy part with lots of online
resources, local dealers and a manual. That is why I am not asking
about the motor. What I do not have info on is the boat itself. Why I
would like more information:

1. To verify that what I have is truely a 1967 Cherokee. There is no
MIC or VIN or past information on the boat for registration purposes
with the state.

Check the major corners/joints/castings & all areas of the transom & bow
for a serial number / HIN. They were frequently stamped into these
pieces on aluminum boats, often by hand, and lightly.

Conversely, they also often had the serial numbers on a builder's plate
tacked/nailed/riveted onto a wood portion of the transom assembly. Look
to see if a small rectangular area of the wood is not as faded as the
rest... they usually have fallen off long ago.

Your boat looks more like a '50s design than '60s.

Rob