posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Prefix on a sea chart symbol.

"Maxprop" wrote
This from the same 'person' who talks of "pulleys?"
You're busted, Neal. Give it up.

Duh, it was just a guess. And it turns out it was a bad guess. The guy
wasn't even talking about a question mark. It was some greek letter typed
wrong. It was the letter Mu. I googled it and it said it stands for micro.
So now I think maybe sorta that it's for a microwave tower. He calls it
a beacon. But, he sounds like a foreigner.... So it's probably a microwave
tower on land. I looked it up in Nautical Chart #1.
Hey, I know a lot about charts and colregs but boat parts I'm still new
at but I'm learning. So it's called a block instead of a pulley, big deal!
Try getting a life, Mr. Maxprop.

Cheers,
Ellen