posted to alt.sailing.asa
Stu Stu is offline

Default Prefix on a sea chart symbol.

It is a Swedish chart. Sweden uses the "Chart number 1" symbolic scheme for
its charts. I too have never seen any "non-English" characters on a chart
from the western world before. That's why I am puzzled and that is also the
reason for my question.

/Stu

"Jeff" skrev i meddelandet
. ..
Oh, that's easy. Its a Greek chart! What do I win?

Seriously, is there some reason why you can't tell us what chart this is
on? It isn't a standard symbol on US charts, in fact I don't recall ever
seeing "non-English" characters on a US chart.

Stu wrote:
Hello again!

Thank you all for your efforts and prompt answers to my inquiry. It was
however a complete failure, and here is why: What came out as a
"questionmark" was meant to be something entirely different. What I meant
to put in there is a Greek letter (the 12th letter in the Greek alphabet)
generally used to indicate "micro" in various engineering applications.

So, with this, new, description of the symbol, can anyone describe its
meaning when found in a sea chart in connection with, i.e., a beacon?

/Stu

"Stu" skrev i meddelandet
Hello

Does anybody out there know what the prefix "?" means in combination
with i.e. a beacon symbol.

Is this the right group to ask this kind of question? If not which one
is the right one?

/Stu