posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Soundproofing/Waterproofing a Honda Genny

I passed on those posts to
my talented stepson and today we came up with a proto-type, that he may
eventually market for roughly $150 on E-bay.

$150 each is nowhere near enough to counterbalance the insurance you're
going to need to fend off the lawsuits.

Have you never seen the REAL enclosures they put REAL gensets? They're
METAL, not plastic. And they're insulated with fire retardant foam.

Half-assing this in a plastic box is, well, just plain stupid. Fobbing it
off on your stepson borders on child abuse.

Hey I'm all for the idea of making a better mousetrap, but this ain't it.