Jim

Default Shift cable and kill switch adjusting

I have no advice for you on your shifting situation, but do want to
mention that your keel guard installation looks nice!

-Jim

Ree-Yees wrote:
Before I get into that I installed my Keel Guard today. Says 30 minutes
installation, try more like 3 hour!
http://home.comcast.net/~ree-yees/guard1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~ree-yees/guard2.jpg

Now to my problem that I have asked about before. The boat rarely will go
into reverse. I looked in my monster Alpha One manual and foun the section
on the shift cable and kill switch.

I put the throttle all the way forward and itmakes the kill switch activate
and then goes to the middle of it so that it is not killed.

When I put the throttle all the way into the reverse it stays in the killed
position.

The manual says to adjust the cable, etc, so I do this. Now when I put it
in reverse it goes into reverse but when I put it in forward it stays
killed! Crapo.

The book doesnt say what to do in this instance. I would assume that I will
have to adjust the forward cable and the reverse cable untill I find some
magic balance between the two?

As a last effort for the day I unhooked the kill switch. I put the boat
into forward without problems and I put the boat into reverse without
problems.

What would be the downside to leaving the kill switch off? How long should I
leave the boat in idle before changing directions when not using a kill
switch? Obviously you wouldnt want to do a continuous motion from forward
to reverse or you would tear it up good!

Thanks,
--C