posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang Meindert Sprang is offline

Default 12 volt DC Voltage Stabiliser circuit

"Larry" wrote in message
"mack" wrote in
:

Makes no difference, whatsoever, unless some idiot switches the battery
switch to OFF with the CHARGER OR ENGINE RUNNING!

The 12V input to ANY LCD TV or other electronic device made in the last
30 years is a voltage regulator or DC to DC converter that converts
whatever crap you feed it to what the TV needs, regulated to rock stable
voltage no matter what the input does from 10-20 volts, easy.

rest of rant snipped

Larry, this is over-generalized.

I have first hand experience with expensive touchscreen LCD's from Xenex.
These were 24V screens and a 90-240V adapter was supplied. 12 were installed
in a 96' motor yacht and they all fried (backlight) within 6 weeks. Turns
out they could not stand 28.8V of a fully charged battery bank, so we
installed 24/24V DC/DC converters.

Meindert