Kent

Default Inflatable "boats" at public beaches ( Long Island, NY specifically)

Thanks to all for the responses. I guess it all really does make sense and
I can see now why these boats aren't favorably accepted in lifeguarded
areas. I just never realized that I could actually take it out into public
waters. But after hearing some of your responses and also checking with the
coast guard's web site, it looks like I should have no problems with an
unpowered boat under 12' as long as I have oars, a PFD, a whistle or horn,
and stay out of the way of other traffic. Do I have that right? If so
I'll give it a shot.
Thanks again.
-Kent

"John K Kudera" wrote in message
The answer is simple, take your PFD, Paddle, launch from a public dock

into
the Bay, paddle a distance out of boat traffic, do your thing there!