gatt

Default What is your fuel consumption?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 18 May 2004 08:22:34 -0700, (Matt Lang) wrote:
I am thinking about getting a harbercraft jetboat ... these things are
made from aluminum and have the 175 HP Mercury sportjet..

A good rule of thumb for estimating fuel burn is 1 gallon per hour for
every 10 horsepower. Actual horsepower at cruising speed should be
about 50 to 60% of maximum. Using those numbers you get a fuel
consumption of 9 to 10 gph which sounds about right to me.

Nasty. The 180 hp Cessna I fly burns 7.5 gallons per hour and cruises at
130 knots.

-c