posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] Joe@NOSPAM.com is offline

Default 12 volt DC Voltage Stabiliser circuit

Actually a 60 watt load is a lot for a non switching regulator to do.
You don't want a switching type on a boat as it interferers with the radios.

I think your best bet is :
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/900to999/pdf/nte933.pdf
I have used this in airplanes with good luck before.

NOTE! USE a BIG heat sink!! it will get hot. If it gets too hot the device
will auto shutdown.

Captain Joe

On 15-Jan-2007, "mack" wrote:

The boat supply is 12 volts DC - but when charging i.e engine running,
this
can rise to above 14 volts, this would no do an LCD T/V a lot of good. T/V

takes less that 5 amps DC - hope this makes my request a bit clearer. I
wish
to build not buy.