Jeff Jeff is offline

Default knots that'll stay tied using poly rope ?

Courtney Thomas wrote:
Jeff wrote:
For holding down a tarp, I'd throw away the presumably cheap, slippery
polyprop and go to the Home Depot where you can buy a lot of line that
will hold knot and is cheap enough to just chop away in the Spring.

Understood, but I have 600' of this stuff from Harbor Freight that was
given to me and finally have a use, hopefully, for it :-)

Just need a knot that'll hold.

I did a quick scan of rec.crafts.knots and my newer knot books by
Budworth - they all acknowledge the problem with polyprop but offer no
easy solutions. I've always added several extra hitches, and opened
the lay to tuck a generous tail through. A wrap with electrical tape
would work, and now that I think about it, a cable tie would probably
do a great job of securing a knot.