Jeff Jeff is offline

Default knots that'll stay tied using poly rope ?

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 03:20:28 GMT, Lew Hodgett
said:

Not sure I understand.

Are you saying the plastic jug handle had chafed thru or was it the
line at say a grommet?

Dunno. It wasn't my boat, and I didn't look closely. Just noticed the jugs
on the ground and the line ends loose.

I remember seeing the same thing at my yard - I forget where the
failure point was (I's guess the grommet), but there were several jugs
lying on the ground and I remember thinking "there's another cute
solution that didn't work." A issue with polyprop is a low melting
point, so any chafe point that causes enough friction to heat up is a
potential problem.