Noname Noname is offline

Default Intercoastal waterway

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

Are you going to stay in the ditch through Georgia? I would be real
interested in what you find. Things don't look real good behind Jekyll
right now and the COE only has enough money to keep one guy watching it

fill
in.

We went as far as St Catherines Sound before heading out to sea, but ICW was
good up until then.

One thing original poster should bear in mind, is that this is not really a
"ditch" all the way - There are large bodies of open water that must be
crossed. Albemarle Sound, Pamlico Sound and the Neuse river in North
Carolina can be rough as can Calibogue sound.

Another thing to check, is the distance between marinas or towns where fuel,
ice and supplies can be purchased. Only so much carrying capacity on a 19'
boat and the outboard will use quite a bit of fuel.

I am sure the trip is doable, but it will need some careful planning.