Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default Intercoastal waterway

"Peter" wrote
We are currently on our way from Beaufort, NC to S Fla. So far, the
worst spots we have encountered were in NC. We had been led to believe
that the ICW in NC was the best maintained part of the waterway.
Actually, we found fewer problems in SC--much deeper water and better
marked than in NC. We draw 4.5 feet andreally have had few problems
anywhere--Shallotte Inlet in NC was the worst spot--depths at 5 feet an
hour before low tide. Dredging is in progress there. Read the cruising
guides--go to Salty Southeast website and Skipper Bob website for
current info.

Are you going to stay in the ditch through Georgia? I would be real
interested in what you find. Things don't look real good behind Jekyll
right now and the COE only has enough money to keep one guy watching it fill
in.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com