Peter Peter is offline

Default Intercoastal waterway

We are currently on our way from Beaufort, NC to S Fla. So far, the
worst spots we have encountered were in NC. We had been led to believe
that the ICW in NC was the best maintained part of the waterway.
Actually, we found fewer problems in SC--much deeper water and better
marked than in NC. We draw 4.5 feet andreally have had few problems
anywhere--Shallotte Inlet in NC was the worst spot--depths at 5 feet an
hour before low tide. Dredging is in progress there. Read the cruising
guides--go to Salty Southeast website and Skipper Bob website for
current info.

Peter
s/v Now or Never!
tt wrote:
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the current condition of the
intercoastal waterway from the Cheasapeake Bay to Central Florida. .I
would like to plan a late spring or early summer trip from myrtle beach
either north or south depending on conditions. Small ( 19ft. )shallow
draft centerboard sloop.