posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] dbohara@mindspring.com is offline

Default 'mini cup' sailing dinghy

I dont think I have ever before seen the words "sailing " and "desert"
used in the same sentence.

Have fun and I hope your boat (whatever you build" is a lot of fun.

David

Shaun Van Poecke wrote:
Thanks for the tip, im sure someone will find it useful.... but im over
here in australia in the middle of the desert in a mining town miles form
anywhere.... Anything i need except for really basic stuff needs to be
trucked in from a long way away. I'll probably go with screws ;-)

Shaun

wrote in message
ps.com...
BTW, instead of screws, you might want to use the silicon bronze ring
shank nails (A box with sufficient 3/4" nails is fairly cheap) from
Jamestown Distributors to fasten the stringers to the bottom. Of
course, the stringers should be glued with epoxy as well. When you
fasten the sides, you will use screws (and epoxy) because they will
pull the sides toward the stringers. I should have mentioned Jamestown
Distributors as a source for epoxy and glass.