Larry Larry is offline

Default 8.1L Crusader Fuel Consumption

"khessert via BoatKB.com" u30800@uwe wrote in news:6c2ee3d8ce90a@uwe:

I'm gonna need a 2nd job to put fuel in her.....

Shoulda got the Trawler.

Why do people buy a boat that are in so much of a hurry?! They race from
one marina to the other at 30 knots, burning a thousand gallons of fuel
at $3 a gallon, or more, for what, to get to the dock first?

The trawler, not an overpowered twin screw trawler, a real displacement
trawler, goes 8 knots (1/3 the speed of the guzzler) and burns 20 gallons
all day at displacement speed. It takes 3 times as long to get there, as
you relax cruising along watching the dolphins and waving at the passing
people. In the ICW, especially in Florida, it arrives at exactly the
same time because the whole damned place is lined with docks and boats
and is a no-wake zone the trawler guy doesn't have to worry about.

The slow-speed, naturally aspirated, marinized tractor engine in the
trawler will run for your lifetime with an occasional oil change and
water pump impeller. Noone mentioned in this thread overhauling high
performance fast boat engines run so hard. I don't think they'll make
10,000 hours like the Perkins or John Deere or old reliable slow beast
that's so simple anyone can fix it, even you.

RELAX! Wave at the Crackers sitting on their dock without waking their
old boat. That marina will still be there...even next week! We'll
anchor the trawler out in some nice creek and have steaks and ale for
dinner and watch the alligators, tonight. Don't be in such a hurry!

$155K can buy a helluva big, single screw used trawler.

Larry
--
Extremely intelligent life exists that is so smart they never called
Earth.