posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default More Guns

scbafreak via BoatKB.com wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...6-1702,00.html
Really...they used available statistics..where does your information
come from?

Exactly. One thing I learned in all of those science classes in college was
NEVER BELIEVE A STUDY THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE STASTISTICS. Oh yeah and always
look at the criteria for those statistics and how the collected them.

That is also a news article posted in an Australian news site. I would say
that any foreign news source that claims some unheard of American group came
up with some kin dof numbers is probably less than reputable. But the news
never lies.

The numbers came from a major study done, in part, by the US Centers
for Disease Controls and Prevention, the CDC. In other words, the US
government. The study did a large number of survey in households
across the country, and asked a large number of questions. The
primary goal was medical, but a lot of data, such as the number of
households with a gun, was collected.