James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Gasoline prices..............

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 03:51:25 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

Funny how big business works. In my small business, I'm the LAST one to get
paid.

I've been working with a guy I've known for years - he started up a
mechanical engineering/machine shop that does custom fittings and
highly specialized machined parts for all kinds of industries. He has
some metallurgical expertise that's hard to find and some machinists
who are absolute geniuses with a CNC machine.

He pays himself $1 more than the highest paid employee he has.

Friends of mine own a machine shop and it's the same way. They've got
some real talent there, it's the sort of thing I enjoy doing, but
there's no way they can afford to pay me what I can make elsewhere. Too
bad really, we're all competing with people overseas whos cost of living
is a fraction of ours.