Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Winterizing Engine Compartment with 40 Watt Light Bulb

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
On 1/12/2007 11:45 AM, bowgus wrote:
Bryan wrote:
It's going to be below freezing tonight in an area where winterizing is
optional. I chose not to winterize so that I could use my boat on the
nice
days during the winter.

My friend told me to put a 40 watt utility light in the engine
compartment
for cold nights. So, I leave a 40 watt bulb burning in the engine
compartment of my Sea Ray 185. What do you think of this winterizing
solution?

I sometimes boat early in the season. With the old boat, when I'd get
the boat home on the trailer I'd drain the manifolds and block ...
takes about 20 minutes once you get the hang of it. If the boat's out
of water, and assuming raw water cooling, I'd drain it. If it's left in
the water I would think heating the engine with a dipstick type block
heater should be more than sufficient, if even necessary.

Even more reasons to use outboards on smaller boats.

Fresh water cooling with antifreeze.