Larry Larry is offline

Default Sobering video

"Roger Long" wrote in news:45a7776b$0$9653
:

If you are going blue water, ask yourself how you would handle this
situation in your boat and then prepare mentally and physically.

Roger, do you know the state of the EPIRB? Was it ever found and, if so,
was its battery dead but the EPRIB operational? We carry the Internal GPS
ACR Globalfix 406 Cat II, manual deployed in our ditch bag. (Model RLB-35)
It sends its own fix to the overhead birds.

I'm interested as it seems he got no response from his EPRIB emergency
beacon. Did anyone hear it? Any information anyone has on the EPIRB
response is most important to all of us.

It would be hard to believe that nothing was received from such an EPIRB.
This one is rated for a continuous output for 48 hours from activation.
That would be pretty hard to ignore.

Everyone sailing outside needs to get this model with its own GPS. As you
can see from his video, the boat wasn't going to have a working GPS to feed
data to an EPIRB externally. Yeah, it's expensive. What price is life?

Hope yours never activates.....or ours.

Larry
--
Extremely intelligent life exists that is so smart they never called Earth.