Bert Robbins Bert Robbins is offline

Default Gasoline prices..............

Harry Krause wrote:
On 1/12/2007 6:20 AM, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 03:51:25 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

Funny how big business works. In my small business, I'm the LAST one
to get paid.

I've been working with a guy I've known for years - he started up a
mechanical engineering/machine shop that does custom fittings and
highly specialized machined parts for all kinds of industries. He has
some metallurgical expertise that's hard to find and some machinists
who are absolute geniuses with a CNC machine.

He pays himself $1 more than the highest paid employee he has.

But that's not the modern American way. The CEO is supposed to earn
5,327 times what the production workers earn, and the production workers
are supposed to be marginalized and then laid off so production can be
moved to China, where labor costs 20 cents an hour and more money can go
to the bigwigs back here and the overseers who run the Chinese sweatshops.

Do you think the union pension plans have their members money sitting in
a box somewhere? No, they have it invested in businesses, profitable
businesses where the value of the company increases and the stock price
goes up.

*That's* the American way. And that's why we're fighting in Iraq: to
protect the American way. :}

Whether you like it or not we have to have a stable oil supply and since
the whiners in the USA won't let us drill in our on backyard for oil we
have to get it from someplace.