Mike Mike is offline

Default Winterizing Engine Compartment with 40 Watt Light Bulb

If it's only getting slightly below freezing, and rises well above freezing
during the day (50s), I wouldn't bother. If your engine compartment is
insulated, you won't have a problem. It happens occasionally here in San
Jose (now actually), and I've never had any freezing issues. If it's getting
down into the teens, then the bulb trick may work, but I'd be worried about
a fire/explosion problem. If you need to ventilate to alleviate a fire
hazard, then you need an even bigger bulb.

--Mike

"Bryan" wrote in message
. net...
It's going to be below freezing tonight in an area where winterizing is
optional. I chose not to winterize so that I could use my boat on the
nice days during the winter.

My friend told me to put a 40 watt utility light in the engine compartment
for cold nights. So, I leave a 40 watt bulb burning in the engine
compartment of my Sea Ray 185. What do you think of this winterizing
solution?