Tim Tim is offline

Default Dying Voltmeter?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
But I suppose you could get a bummer occasionally.

So you do know your stuff - awright an expert!!!

Maybe in your world, but I've seen bad Datcon's too - in particular
with Case/IH tractors which have a failure rate similar to what we're
talking about on their smaller engine lines.

I use Faria gauges and on other boats, they seem to work fine. This
is a Johnson/Evinrude problem and it's pretty unique to them - I don't
know why, but it is.

So you do know your stuff - awright an expert!!!

LOL!

Well, I've been working with this stuff for about 27 years. And you
could be right about it being a J/E problem. The obvious solution, is
to trade for a Mercury! ?: 0

Maybe in your world, but I've seen bad Datcon's too

I like the disclaimer there, Tom.

Yes, my world is, well should I say more automotive minded.

When we rebuilt my dads 1950 8-N ford, I put a Datcon guage (amp guage,
though) on it,
and it's been service faithfully for better than 20 yrs. and it never
sees a shed, dial is faded, but still waterproof.
Same way with his IH 434. Of course they may blow up tomorrow, but if
so, i couldn't blame it for 10+ yrs of service.

Maybe I ought to get out more often.....