posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon Wedman Gordon Wedman is offline

Default Masthead Wind Instrument

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
We lost our mast (long story), and are having a new one built. We lost
everything except the boom and mainsail.
Our previous wind instrument was a Navman 3150 which we had for a bit
over 3 years. In that time I had three new display units (under
warranty) because the LCD segments went all funny intermittently. This
meant is was unreadable for speed, the direction was OK.

Anyway, I don't want to go through that again, so am after
recommendations for a new unit.

Thanks
paulr
"Meridian of Sydney"

I have had no problems with Autohelm/Raymarine ST50 instruments and there
are lots of replacement parts on eBay for cheap prices. I imagine the newer
ST60 and ST80 instruments are just as good. My latest boat has Standard
Horizon instruments and I noticed they fogged up in really cold weather.
Could not read them. B&G are good but, I think, expensive and you will not
find cheap replacement bits on eBay as easily.