posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Brian Nystrom Brian Nystrom is offline

Default Did a cat pee in my kayak or WHAT?!

wrote:
On Jan 7, 11:57 pm, "wavy" wrote:

MikeWell there you go! The bleach bottle is made from the same material as

my kayak!
BUT - the foam bulkhead dividers are made from something else.
The hatch cover seals are made out of something similar to wetsuit
material (?) I think.

The bulkheads are probably ethafoam. I don't think a washdown with
bleach will hurt them. The foam outfitting in my boats does not seems
to be bothered by the pool water. Your hatch cover seals are probably
neoprene, which you don't want to use bleach on, or if you do, be sure
to rinse thoroughly.

Bulkheads are typically Minicel foam, which is microcellular
polyethylene foam. Bleach won't hurt it. Ethagoam is also polyethylene,
but with much larger cells. It's typically only used for pillars in kayaks.