xorbit xorbit is offline

Default 8.1L Crusader Fuel Consumption

khessert wrote:
I'm considering the purchase of a 2001 Silverton 410 Sportbridge with twin
Gas 8.1L Crusaders (425HP) each

I'm concerned about gas engines in a 41 foot boat. Will it struggle to get
and stay on plane? How will it maintain speed in following seas?

but most importantly, how much gas will it burn??? I've seen the thread
where you divide the HP by 2 for cruising HP and then average 1gph for every
10hp, but we are talking about a 30,000+ pound boat with a flybridge, thats
like pushing a brick through the water...

lastly, anyone know what the approximate cruise speed and RPM's are on this
boat....

THANKS!!!

Suggested reading....

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/GasDiesel.htm

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/GasNdiesel.htm

It may be worth taking some time to read the details contained in these
articles.