posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Michael Daly Michael Daly is offline

Default Did a cat pee in my kayak or WHAT?!

wavy wrote:

BUT - the foam bulkhead dividers are made from something else.
The hatch cover seals are made out of something similar to wetsuit
material (?) I think.

The biggest problem with bleach on neoprene is that it might change the colour.
To be honest, I don't put much stock in this, as I find that the colour change
is more likely due to laundering or exposure to sun. You won't suffer any
change in strength, especially if you only use bleach on the neoprene once in a
blue moon.

The foam is closed cell and won't absorb bleach. Just clean it and rinse well.

Mike