JohnH

Default OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence?

On 16 Aug 2003 16:42:01 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Chuck, how many senators voted for the Patriot Act? Thank God for the
elimination of collective bargaining rights for those folk.

John

1. A whalloping majority of Senators. Wasn't it 90-something? Interesting that
the first response of the government in a time of trauma was to curtail civil
rights.
What do we suppose would happen if the terrorists somehow "took over" the US?
Gosh, I bet we'd lose our civil rights.

2. Please get consistent. First, you try to pass off the Department of Homeland
Security as a Democratic conspiracy to increase the number of union jobs. Then,
you "thank God" that the Dept of Homeland Security has suspended collective
bargaining. Does it bother you in any way that you are being thankful for the
complete refuting of your earlier, erroneous, inflammatory and prejudicial
statement?

I believe 98 senators voted for the act. This number would include several
Democrats.

No, Chuck, I said, "I think federalizing the security folks was a
Democrat-pushed idea that the administration caved under." By this I meant the
federalizing of the thousands of screening personnel at the airports. Perhaps I
was unclear. I apologize. I think the Department of Homeland Security was a good
idea, as long as it consolidated and made more efficient the operations of the
agencies it subsumed.

I'm not sure to which '...earlier, erroneous, inflammatory and prejudicial
statement' you are referring. Please quote it for me, and I'll let you know if
I'm bothered.

Respectfully,

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD