JimH JimH is offline

Default What did your boat dock..................

Tim wrote:
I'm not really sure what West Access Marina charges anymore, but back
in the mid 80's it was high. at leas, I thought it was high. For my
old ChrisCraft '27 ft. Cavalier, the cost was about a hundred per month
on a 9 month lease. may seem like a bargian today, but int he mid 80's
it wasnt' the greatest, especially for what one got. no shore power,
no water , nust a floating dock to tie up to. Security wasn't the
finest either. It's changed a lot over the years though, with new
owners and re-doing a lot of stuff. There's no pool, because the park
has a public swim beach right next to the marina. Seeing I don't have
any big barges, I'll trailer mine to the lake, and pay the $3.00 (or
$30.00 unlimited for the yr.) launch fee at the ramp, which is insisted
by the Army Corps of Engineers. I may pay for membership in the Marina
boat club, though. I'll just see what they ahve to offer this year.

$100 in 1985 is $178 in 2005 dollars. In those terms that dock would
cost over $1,600 today.