JimH JimH is offline

Default What did your boat dock..................

Varis wrote:
JimH wrote:
........cost you this year? How big is your dock and what amenities
does your marina offer?

Free. I brought in the boat so late in the season they didn't have the
heart to charge... In principle a 2.5m wide marina slip is 170
eurobucks per season. (No that's not the same as boat dollars!

Includes water and electricity. What's a drive up dock and a dock box?

No mechanics or pools of any kind but there is a clubhouse, it's not
fancy. This part of the marina is run by a volunteer organization - it
costs 35 bucks per year to be a member. The storage locker costs a bit
extra. Our part must be over 200 slips in the marina.

Risto

What a deal you have.

To answer your questions:

A drive up dock is one that you can park your car directly in front of.

A dock box is a box at the dock to store stuff you don't want to carry
aboard during the season, such as water toys.

There is nothing fancy about our marina either. It is just a nice
place with a solid reputation, including their mechanics staff. Our
good friends are also docking there within walking distance.

I will not be using the pool but my wife will during those times when
the Lake is stirred up and I decide to tinker with the boat.

It is that time of year for us up north to start to think about warm
weather and boating. ;-)