cavelamb himself cavelamb himself is offline

Default Ken Barnes rescue pictures

I listened to the phone interview on his web site last night.
Had to rig up some powered speakers to hear it all.

Basically he said the wind was 35 knots on the starboard quarter.
Then a sudden big blow caused the boat to round up - square across the
waves - and she rolled. Perhaps all the way over.

Now I won't claim to any great blue water experience, having been out
of sight of land only once in the Caribbean.

But my immediate question was how much sail was up at the time?

I would think that a single handed sailor would, in deference to
survival, take a very conservative approach.

Reef early - and deep.

My impressions from his web site is that he thought the boat could take
anything Mother Nature dished out and was cracking on.

Maybe I'm reading too much from between the lines?

Richard
Spirit