JimH JimH is offline

Default Good marine binoculars good enough?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 5 Jan 2007 06:54:00 -0800, "Varis" wrote:

Or alternatively I could go for compact generic travel binoculars at
first (7x25 or 8x20

7x25 is all you need for a small boat - range finding binocs are
useless.

Stabilised binocs are fine, but they vary in technique from wet bag to
gyro stabilised. The gyro binocs are the best.

But for a small boat, go with the 7x25s.

I have a pair of 7x35 Nikon's I purchased for less than $50 on sale
from a boat store. They have never failed me for my recreational
needs.

Why folks seem to think they have to spend big bucks for these things
is beyond me.