posted to rec.boats.building
Ian Malcolm Ian Malcolm is offline

Default ABS repair

wrote:

I have a 1975 Snark Sunflower. It has an ABS shell over the styrofoam.
I need to repair the shell -- it has cracks in it, and nothing's
missing. Other than duct tape and paint, what's a good idea? Isn't
there a chemical I can use to weld it back together?

Thanks.

Pipe cement glues ABS quite well, but you cant use that as it will eat
the foam. If the cracks are cosmetyic only, I'd live with them,
otherwise find a car body shop that repairs plastic bumpers . . .

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Early 60's, Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy.