Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Good marine binoculars good enough?

On 5 Jan 2007 06:54:00 -0800, "Varis" wrote:

The high price however makes me doubt whether this is a good investment
at this point. There are some very good marine binoculars for around
200 bucks with similar specs (nitrogen filled etc). The Fujinon models
have been praised:

The right size for marine use is typically 7 x 50 because that gives
the best night vision, and can still be held steadily enough on most
boats. Steiner and Fujinon both make great binoculars but the Fujinon
image stabilized models are reported to be in a class by themselves.

I currently have a nice pair of Steiner 7 x 50s on my boat but my next
pair will be the 12 x 50 stabilized Fujinons.