Tim Tim is offline

Default Do I need trim tabs on my 23' Marquis?

John Blum wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...

I do like the comment on getting better economy, even though it's hard
for me to imagine that a couple plates dragging in the water can
improve your gph.

It's all about the "lift" the tabs provide. Properly sized tabs work like
the tabs on a plane, they divert the water down to raise the stern reducing
the amount of water the boat has to displace.

Small, improper sized tabs will do just as you say- drag through the water
and reduce gph.

Ah! the lift and drag factor[s].

forgot about that John, your right, like a hydoplane, the object is to
get the boat out of the water

Thanks, John