John Smith

Default Lieberman thinks KKKrause is a flaming idiot.

LIEBERMAN: There are obviously no guarantees here. But I do think tonight
that the president did what he has to do in this speech and in the ones that
will follow in the next weeks, which is to shore up American support, to
remind the American people why we must win this battle against the
terrorists and the Saddam loyalists and to remind them that he has done some
of the things that his critics asked him to do, including me.

He has now gone to the United Nations. He has now increased the number of
American troops there and is prepared to send more to keep the security so
that democracy can take hold.

I hope that all of us in both parties who have said that we have to stay in
Iraq and finish the job in pursuit of our own values and of our own security
will pull together and make it happen and not be part of a chorus of
doubters that will undermine the support of the American people more.

We've got to stay united here as best we can to support our troops, but to
support our cause. In my opinion, this is the test of our generation. And if
we don't win it in Iraq, we're going to face it much closer to home in the
years ahead.