posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt b393capt is offline

Default cheap radar signal generators

Your playing with fire, if misused you don't know what those units can
potential emit, where 100 feet might not be a safe distance, and when
you think it's working ... is it really?

For the added cost, it would be very much worth while to mate the
scanner to a display following the installation instructions (available
on line in most cases), then you will be sure the scanner is being
driven at the appropriately output level to be a valid test for your
kit, and you can verify the operation of the radar (by looking at the
display), play with various radar settings (e.g. tuning low through
high in the x-band), by following the instructions have a much safer
situation for yourself, and as a bonus providing power is as simply as
using a car battery.

.... and if this is to much work, then there is still the original
option of going down to the marina.

IMHO

wrote:
Yep... I've been warned about microwaves energy as I regularly work on
microwaves ovens.
Well, my idea was to remote-control one of these unit placed in the
backyard, at a "safe" distance

Thank you