Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Don't forget chafe protecttion

Harry Krause wrote:
On 1/3/2007 11:34 AM, Chuck Gould wrote:
More people should carry chafe protection to prevent docklines from
being worn through by
unwanted friction. Even a section of old hose can be used for the
purpose, so chafe protection need not be expensive.

You might want to change your underwear more often, bathe daily, and
sprinkle a little talcum powder on your privates, Chuck. Stuffing a
piece of old hose down there with your old hose is likely to scare the
devil out of Mrs. Chuck.

This will probably surprise you, Harry, but nothing I do with Mrs.
Chuck (aside from docking the boat of course) involves any sort of
knots, splices, ropes, or lines. I'll leave it to your imagination
whether there might be a few "bends" involved.