JimB JimB is offline

Default mediterranean sail charters?

"Harlan Lachman" wrote in message
In article
.com,
"Sailor Brian" wrote:

mr.b wrote:
Can anyone in here recommend anything in the way of a sail
charter in the
Med? South of France?

I don't know where you're travelling from, or why you've chosen
France, so it's not easy to give immediate advice. However, for
sailboats and motor boats going to sea, there are very few charter
companies operating in the south of France. The main reason is
that the area is very crowded and very expensive in the high
season, and in the winter is prone to a very vicous wind - the
mistral - which blows for days at a time with little warning of
its onset. One possibility is canal boat charter - for the
waterways around Marseilles - but since this is a cruising forum,
I guess that's not your thing.

So my suggestion is that you choose another area! Probably Greece.
And Harlan Lachman's advice for skippered charter in Greece, and
places to go to, is absolutely spot on.

If you want to see comparisons of the better cruising areas of
Europe (with lots of detail on N Spain, Greece and the Baltic) to
help your choice of cruise area, try my website. It's in my
signature. Sorry, Turkey is not yet included . . . gimme a month.

And for advice on who to charter from in Greece, try
http://www.sailingissues.com/greek.html . Great advice here.
--
JimB
http://www.jimbaerselman.f2s.com/