Harlan Lachman Harlan Lachman is offline

Default mediterranean sail charters?

In article .com,
"Sailor Brian" wrote:

mr.b wrote:
Can anyone in here recommend anything in the way of a sail charter in the
Med? South of France?
Cheers!
Happy 2007

Some folks I know tend to like Charter.

http://www.charterworld.com/

See what you think.

Mr. B, two decades ago, my wife and I went to Greece in April. I had no
plans for a charter other than the money to pay for a boat and dreams.

Because it was early in the season it was a buyers market and I went to
Piraeus and in one day hired a boat and captain.

If you go, four thoughts.

1. Get a captain who speaks your language and Greek. Some of the Islands
we found had no English speaking folks where we wanted them. We liked
the guy we went with and he helped me pick out my next boat.

2. Its a big sea. I had plans to make to Santorini in a round trip week
trip. In my dreams.

3. Beware the Meltemis. They are real. One of my favorite stories was
the fight our captain and I had about going out to make Mykonos one
morning and I lost. A larger ketch with a properly outfitted German crew
set out and after getting battered gave up and came back to Kea while we
rested and saw the entire Island and had a great but thankfully
mysterious dinner and we raced them to Mykonos the next day.

4. Have fun. There is nothing like sailing beneath the temple at Cape
Souninon (sic), walking on Delos, eating olive oiled foods and drinking
greek wines and ouzo.

Most fun I have had.

harlan

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?