posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska Bruce  in Alaska is offline

Default furuno display units models 2400& 1600

In article ,
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:

Seems like our homebrew shop antenna simulator also used a headflash switch
simulator to keep the bearing motor from halting at brg 000 each revolution?
Or maybe the switch simulator was only necessary to synch the actual antenna
with the indicator bearing motor? Hey, it wasn't yesterday!
Old Chief Lynn

Seems to me, as I recall, you only need the Heading Pulse to resync the
system. As I recall, the AutoSync didn't come out untill after the 2400.
I built my own simulator, and it generated both Heading Pulse and Bearing
Pulse Train, by counting the Bearing Pulses, and then adding a Heading
Pulse at the approprate time. Had to design it for a cople of different
Pulse Trains, for different units, as I recall. Been a LONG TIME, since
I even looked at that stuff. I wonder if I can even find my old
simulator now........ Hmmmm Alzhimers maybe setting in....

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @