posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.building
Bruce in Alaska Bruce  in Alaska is offline

Default WiFi at Sea (technical, sorry)

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

I'm guessing that the correct sequence of events would be to
disconnect the bottom router, connect a PC to the ethernet cable,
configure the top bridge, acquire an access point, unplug the PC and
replace with the bottom router. The bottom router could be
preconfigured to use a different channel than the connected access
point.

I'm going to take a dropcord to Lionheart, tomorrow, with a waterproof
ditty bag because it might rain. I'll take the Skype Phone and this
repeater and haul the repeater up the mast on a halyard trailing a 110VAC
drop cord to power it.

We'll see how that works. This box weighs nothing.

Hey Larry, why not take it apart, and see what the internal DC
Powersupply runs at? Maybe you could adapt it to 12Vdc or some
Low Voltage Dc Powered system, and while your in there, look and
see it you could adapt an external antenna, or connector to the
antenna port.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @